About Sports Department
Levels of participation
Every year VIIT college provides open platform for all students (Men / Women) to Participate in Various Indoor and Outdoor sports Tournaments like International / All India inter University / University West Zone National/ University Zonal / State/ intercollegiate / And all inter Engineering National / State / Intercollegiate / Annual Sports (inter-departmental Sports) etc.
Personality Development through sports
- Developed leadership
- Event management qualities, communication
- Presentation skills
- Group activity/ Team building
- Improved knowledge about worldwide sports
- Importance of Unity and strengths in student life
- Self-motivation and improves confidence
- To develop Social Health/ Mental Health/ Physical health and awareness
- To learn sports-related new techniques with help of internet and Published social media etc.
In VIIT sports department is providing various indoor and outdoor facilities for students and staff
- Indoor Sports: 1)Carrom 2)Chess 3)Table tennis 4)Boxing 5)Badminton 6)Fencing 7)Judo 8)Wrestling 9) Shooting 10) Yoga 11) Squash Racket 12) Mallakhamb 13) Rope Mallakhamb
- Outdoor Sports: 1) Cricket 2) Football 3) Volleyball 4) Basketball 5) Kabaddi 6) Kho-Kho 7) Archery 8) Baseball 9) Softball 10) Handball 11) Hockey 12) Athletics 13) Swimming 14) Cycling 15) Cross Country 16) Lawn Tennis available sports ground for outdoor events in college for whole year.
Annual Sports Events
Every year Sports department has organised annual sports meet for students and staff. In this sports event all departments participate in all sports events like football, Basketball, volleyball, cricket, throw ball, tug of war, kabaddi, box cricket, badminton, carom, chess, and table tennis.
Other Sports Facilities
Every year we conduct selection trials for all students. The purpose of selection trials is to find out interested players who have knowledge and skills for participating in sports events. We give them equal chance of participation and select the best team to represent our college in all competitions.
We provide various sports equipment’s to students for above given sports
We give students a chance to develop their leadership qualities through student’s sports council committee. This committee is selected every year through interviews like
- Sports President
- Sports Secretary
- Sports ladies representative
- Sports Advisor
- Departmental Heads & Coordinator
- Technical Team
- Event Management team
- Documentation teams
- Design and Media team
This committee looks over all the events held by sports department throughout the year.
We organized various sports webinars/guest lectures/ training programs/ Induction programs/ National sports day and international yoga day/ Inter collegiate, state, national sports events in college (Offline and Online mode)