Institute Innovation Council
IIC, VIIT was established in the academic year 2018-2019 by a group of highly enthusiastic professors willing to promote Entrepreneurship and Innovation in the college.
University-based clubs should work with school officials or a faculty adviser to find students who might be interested in joining a IIC Club.
To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem and Establish Functioning Ecosystem for Scouting Ideas and Pre-incubation of Ideas.
- Inculcating Innovation environment in Students and Faculty
- Supporting Start-up
- Achieving Atal Ranking of Institutions
- Establishing Innovation eco system with product design
- At least five IPRs generation
- Implementation of NISP policy
- IPR cell encouraged 12 faculty members and 1 office staff to do NPTEL 12 week course on “Patent Law for engineers and Scientists” Prof. Firoz Ali, IIT Madras. All 13 learners have successfully completed all assignments. IPR cell will reimburse the examination fees of the learners at successful completion of the course.
- NIC (National Innovation Contest): VIIT students have performed gracefully in NIC. With 6 Prototypes approved and 5 Teams shortlisted for Stage 1. Out of which 2 have been shortlisted for stage 2 evaluation. Two Prototypes was selected in final stage.
- VIIT students have actively participated in AICTE- Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards conducted in the year 2020. 5 teams were shortlisted for next stage scrutiny
- Smart India Hackathon:
- Team Agastya Won 1st Prize of Rs. 1 Lakh
- Special Prize of Rs. 25K Won by Team ENIGMATIC CIPHERERS
- The Times Engineering Institute Rankings 2021:
- Top 175 Engineering Institute Rankings 2021 : VIIT - 125
- Top 125 Private Engineering Institute Rankings 2021 VIIT - 115
The Ministry of Human Resource Development has launched an initiative ‘YUKTI 2.0’ to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in higher education institutions.
YUKTI 2.0 is an extension of ‘YUKTI (Young India combating COVID with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation) Portal’ which was launched to identify ideas relevant in COVID pandemic.
- Creation of Database: The Ministry has invited students, faculty members, startups and other stakeholders of higher education institutions to register on the YUKTI portal and share their technologies and innovations.
- Importance of Database: Database shared will be showcased to the investor community such as businessmen, farmers and industrialists i.e. students will be able to sell their ideas. Preliminary innovations won’t be showcased on YUKTI 2.0 but only those which have commercialization potential. Provide a clear picture of the state of the innovation ecosystem of our higher educational institutions. Help the government to identify bottlenecks and formulate appropriate policies to strengthen the innovation ecosystem in the country. Offer solutions to the problems faced by the country.
- In line with Atmanirbhar Bharat: YUKTI 2.0 will also help in fostering the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in academic institutions
NATIONAL INNOVATION CONTEST:
360-degree approach of Learning:
The National Innovation Contest is going to provide 360-degree cycle of learning and understanding the process of innovation and start-up. It is designed in a way that, each team will traverse a path from problem identification and ideation to building business model and finally entering the phase of Enterprise development in a time period of one year.
National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT):
MoE announced a National Educational Alliance for Technology (NEAT) as a Public-Private partnership model between the Government and the Education Technology companies of India. Companies are invited to showcase their products on National Portal developed for the learners.
To bring the best technological Products in education pedagogy on a single platform for the convenience of learners.
Technology products using Artificial Intelligence for customized learning or e-content in niche areas having employable skills would be identified for showcasing on the portal.
Glimpse of Latest Activities:
Rating Certificate 2020-21:
Rating Certificate 2019-20:
Rating Certificate 2018-19: