India, despite being a home of many globally popular games like Chess, Ludo, Snakes and Ladders, is not among leading developers and manufacturers of toys.
Under the ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat Abhiyan’ initiated by our Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri. Narendra Modi, Toycathon-2021 is conceived to challenge India’s innovative minds to conceptualize novel Toy and Games based on Bharatiya civilization, history, culture, mythology and ethos.
Toycathon 2021 is an inter-ministerial initiative organized by Ministry of Education’s Innovation Cell with support from All India Council for Technical Education, Ministry of Women and Child Development, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of MSME, Ministry of Textiles and Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
For Students, Teachers, Start-ups, and Toy Experts/Professionals in India, Toycathon 2021 is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to submit their creative toys/games creations and compete for numerous prizes totaling Rs. 50 lakhs. The Toycathon-2021 featured 29 teams of six students from several disciplines. Teams provided their concepts for a variety of issue statements, including:
- Digital game-based application that helps to solve logical and mathematical problems.
- To develop a virtual guide (talking toy) that guides you to various destinations with detailed information of our Indian Monuments.
- A game / app that captures and scores correctness of Yogasans on real-time basis.
- A card game that gives hints and rewards success for dementia patients may be designed so as to reduce the signs of dementia and to exercise the mind towards enhancement of long-term memory.
- Exploring historic sites, culture, heritage of India to revive the knowledge about incredible India through information, games / challenges and virtual guides.
- To create an Electronic Toy based on the mechanism of Robotics that helps to identify the obstacles and alarms the signal to the person.
- Game to develop basic cyber security skills in user and make them aware about cyber security threats.